lördag 23 april 2011

Record in the making together with Photo-Verlag!

It's been confirmed - I'm doing a record with the Photo-Verlag! One of the two brains behind this new, Berlin-based record label, Andreas Köhn, payed Kristiania a visit this week, showing me samples of the labels upcoming releases (ambient synth stuff and field recordings), record sleeves in nice materials and mini-CD:s. He handed me a remastered version of the MONUMENTS EP to show his ambitions concerning my music, he explained that his interest in and understanding of music had changed from the time he was a techno DJ, through playing in droney improv-bands to this current endeavor of his, the graphically oriented Photo-Verlag. Over all he seems like a really nice guy with a burning musical spirit, and I was quickly convinced that this label, albeit its present focus on ambient music, is ideal for producing and releasing my music.


We discussed the direction my music was taking, and I explained my interest in making this label debut of mine religiously themed, or that is to say, I intend to make the record a spiritual one, a lo-fi, goth-kraut mass. I picture quite clearly before me passages of sombre choir parts, the transmitting of feelings through a slow build-up.
Frauenklinik Neukölln


I also have the artwork worked out. In may I'll invite a bunch of people, hopefully around 20, to the abandoned women hospital of Neukölln. Everyone have to bring their own bed sheets, I'll bring beer, and we'll make a photo session aimed at producing ghastly images aided by my shitty analog camera. This will be done during day time, and hopefully the light is right, and I'll get good material for working a nice digipack out. Anyone who wish to participate on this event, please let me know!


As you see, things mos def are boiling! And I'm pretty happy about it!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar